Along with Christ the Redeemer, Tijuca Rainforest, Santa Teresa, and Sugarloaf Mountain, Parque Lage is counted among Rio’s Big Five attractions. That said, the park is featured on many city tours and is often paired with Rio de Janeiro Botanical Gardens on tours that focus on the city’s green spaces. Instagrammers and social media fans can book a photo shoot at Parque Lage, which typically includes a digital photo album with images from a professional photographer.
Things to know before you go
- Parque Lage offers a less-crowded alternative to the Jardim Botanico, making it ideal for those wanting to escape the city bustle.
- Admission to the park is free.
- The park offers an onsite cafe serving coffee, breakfast, and lunch.
How to get there
The public park can be found in the Jardim Botânico district along the Rua Jardim Botânico, where a number of busses make a stop (101, 105, 109, 112, 309, 409, 420, 412, 416, 439, 538, 548, 581, 583, 750D, 751D, 775D, 1750D, 1775D, 2012, and 2750D). Get off at Rua Jardim Botânico próximo ao 354-394.
When to get there
Parque Lage is open daily from early morning until early evening. It rarely gets crowded, but it’s a good idea to visit on a clear day in the morning or late afternoon when the heat is less intense.
Parque Lage Mansion
Among the most impressive features of Parque Lage is its colonial-style mansion, which was later remodeled by Italian architect Mario Vodrelan. The building now houses a school of visual arts, which often hosts exhibitions of student artwork in its gallery space; check the Parque Lage website for details of upcoming exhibitions.
- O que fazer em Sudeste do Brasil
- O que fazer em Santos
- O que fazer em Belo Horizonte
- O que fazer em São Paulo
- O que fazer em Nordeste do Brasil
- O que fazer em Os pampas
- O que fazer em Noroeste da Argentina
- O que fazer em Altiplano
- O que fazer em Amazônia do Brasil
- O que fazer em Costa Sul do Peru
- O que fazer em Patagônia
- Estrada das Paineiras (Estrada das Paineiras)
- Estátua do Cristo Redentor (Cristo Redentor)
- Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro (Jardim Botanico)
- Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas)
- Mirante Dona Marta
- Vista Chinesa
- Favela Santa Marta
- Praia do Leblon (Praia do Leblon)
- Cosme Velho
- Trem do Corcovado (Trem do Corcovado)
- Feira Hippie de Ipanema (Feira Hippie de Ipanema)
- Praia de Copacabana (Praia de Copacabana)
- Praia de Ipanema (Praia de Ipanema)
- Instituto Moreira Salles (Instituto Moreira Salles)